|Ways to Monetize Your Website
Once you have your site up and getting a steady amount of traffic, you should think about monetizing your website. I have a list below to provide you with ways to monetize that won’t take up a lot of your time. This allows you to focus on building your site with high-quality content and raising your traffic. These are the basic methods and they are successful interim monetizing strategies.
With most strategies concerning money, diversification is very important. You should be using a combination of these methods to maximize earning potential. Play around with each of these methods. That way you can give different ads more or less coverage. Remember not to let them overpower your content
1. PPC Ads (Pay Per Click) – Google Adsense is the most popular and widely used. They serve contextual ads (image or text) based on your content and pay when someone clicks on the ad. Advertisers bid on keywords, so if you happen to write about a topic that has high paying keywords, then each click will be worth a lot more than another subject with keywords that has a lower bids. Also, people who came to your site from a search engine are more likely to click on these ads.
2. CPA / Affiliate Ads (Cost Per Action) – CPA ads pay per action. Viewers don’t just need to click on them, but they actually have to do something, either sign up/register or make a purchase. They are the highest paying ads. You should consider how likely your visitors will click on the ad and perform the preferred action will depend upon how much relevancy the ad is to your content.
3. Text Links – Text links work the same way as CPAs. You set aside an area on your page and text links start showing up once they are purchased. You need to submit specific pages into the inventory. Enter your most popular pages such as homepage, category pages, and very popular articles. Rates are based on your PR, which has to do with the number of other sites linking to your page. If you often get linked and mentioned, text links may be profitable for your site.
4. In-text Advertising – In-text ads don’t require any additional area. Ads are attached to text in your content. They show up as underlined or double underlined words that can be clicked on. Some will pop up a little advertisement when the word is moused over. These ads can be distracting to many viewers.
5. RSS Feed Ads – Offering a feed to your content is vital. This trend is being used more by readers to catch up with their favorite sites. There is not a lot of advertising options within feeds, but you can still monetize the traffic to your feed.
6. Affiliate Links – One of the older web monetization methods. If your site content is in a specific area, there’s a very large chance that there are companies out there that sell products or services your users are interested in. You can earn some nice income recommending or linking to those products. You should not change your readers because you can make money off a referral.
7. Selling Your Content (Ebooks, Videos, DVDs) – If you have great content, another option is to package it and sell it. There are numerous sites who have created ebooks and even real books based on their contect and made great income selling them. You can expand to infoproducts like videos, DVDs, audio CDs, and printed books on demand as well.
|Your Ad Here
Make money doing surveys